Last Updated: 6/10/2021
The Restoration 3 Discord Policy is a set of guidelines that apply to conduct and behavior on the R3 Discord Server. We appreciate you taking the time to review these guidelines as they serve to provide a safe, fair and fun environment for all players.
These guidelines can change at sole discretion as necessary to best benefit the community, and cultivate an atmosphere appropriate to the game and its gaming services. Despite our best efforts to detail the different sections with specific examples, there will always be areas that will be ultimately handled on a per-incident basis by the Discord Moderation team. Even when not specified, R3 staff members have the sole right and final judgment of how to interpret and apply these rules and guidelines to any specific circumstance and situation. This includes the proper punishment or exception.
- Users may not post, transmit, promote, or distribute Content that is illegal or promote or encourage any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.
- Users may not upload or attempt to distribute files that contain viruses, corrupted data, or malicious software.
- Harassment is any behavior that is incessant, inescapable, derogatory and directed specifically at a player or group. Users may not harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything to another player that is unwanted. This includes posting insulting, offensive, or abusive comments about players, repeatedly sending unwanted messages, and derogatory/hateful comments that are sexual, racial, religious, or related to gender, disabilities or creed. We operate a zero tolerance approach to harassment.
- Users may not create profile pictures, custom statuses, usernames, or otherwise transmit or facilitate distribution of any content that is harmful, abusive,violent, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, or objectionable in a reasonable person’s view.
- Trolling such as starting quarrels or upsetting people by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages in an online community, and is not allowed in the R3 Discord. Accounts created with the sole intent to “troll” will be immediately and permanently suspended. Constant personal attacks are also considered trolling.
- Users may not register an alternate account for the purpose of disobeying the rules to avoid punishment of your main account. Alternate accounts created for this purpose will be permanently removed from the Discord Server.
- Users may not register an alternate account to post when your main account is banned. These alternate accounts will be permanently removed from the Discord Server.
- Users may not impersonate another person, or falsely indicate that you are a member of the R3 staff.
- Users may not post messages for any purpose other than personal communication, including without limitation advertising or promotional messaging, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial activities. This includes advertising any other Star Wars Galaxies emulator or server communities.
- Users may not post or communicate any player’s real-world personal information within the Service using the R3 Discord Server. This includes photographs or memes that were created using another player’s real life photo, even if the profile picture was used on another Social Media platform.
- Users may not disrupt the flow of chat with vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of excessive posting in all capital letters in an attempt to disturb other users, “spamming” or flooding [posting repetitive text or pictures].
- Users may not discuss Real World political, sexual, or religious topics in the R3 Discord.
- Any attempt to circumvent a profanity filter will not be tolerated, and allowance and disallowance of unaccounted for Vulgarities or profanity is the sole discretion of the Discord moderation team and staff.
- Messages deemed inappropriate to a particular channel in the R3 Discord, or violating any of the rules stated above, will be removed. Messages that have been removed are not to be re-posted.
- If you have to report any message on Discord, please contact a member of the Discord moderation team via Direct Message, or you may report the player directly to Discord.
When enforcing this Discord Policy, R3 Staff will issue up to 2 warnings prior to enforcement, however depending on the severity of the incident and its ongoing nature,warnings may be forgone in lieu of moderator action.
Actions may be upto but not limited to, Muting, temporary Banning and permanently banning, any attempt to circumvent the actions of a moderator will escalate the punishment.
To find out the nature of the moderator action enforced upon you please contact the disciplining moderator, they may not immediately have this information as their actions could be subject to further review or deliberation.
Although it looks like there are a lot of procedures and rules in place, most of these are common sense, and are meant as a safeguard to keep the R3 Discord server active and relevant for the community. Abusing the R3 Discord server affects everyone who enjoys this game, so we ask for your cooperation and your support in achieving and maintaining this goal.
Thank you for being part of this community and helping make it a safe, fair and fun environment for all of our players.
Rules of Conduct
You agree not to do any of the following while a member of Restoration 3, either on the website or in any R3 Communication Feature:
- Transmitting any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials (“Content”) that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, that may be invasive of another’s right to privacy or publicity, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Impersonating any person or entity, including but not limited to, a R3 Staff Official, Forum Leader, Guide, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Posting or transmitting any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements);
- Posting or transmitting any Content that contains a virus or corrupted data;
- Using an R3 Communication Feature in a manner that adversely affects the availability of its resources to other users (e.g., excessive shouting [use of all caps], flooding [continuous posting of repetitive text] or excessively large embedded images);
- Posting or transmitting any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violating any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation;
- Uploading or transmitting any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party; and
- Any personal attacks, harassment, bullying or otherwise unwanted attention towards staff will not be tolerated, of any kind for any reason. any such conduct will receive a permanent ban. This is a zero-tolerance policy.
Also, we would like to take a moment to thank the SWG Legends team for helping us form this Discord policy and for their mutual co-operation and support.