Restoration III Forums

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumAnnouncements: AnnouncementsWelcome Home - Restoration 3 Take …
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Welcome Home - Restoration 3 Takes Off

Tatooine, Mos Eisley - May 28, 2021 - At 6pm Central Time (CT) the Restoration team is ecstatic to announce that its permanent live server for Star Wars Galaxies will go online.

We proudly present to Star Wars fans new and old, a unique blend of content from every era of SWG; plus the reworking of key mechanics to address systemic problems that persisted in the live version of the game.

Players will receive a special founder’s gift for creating a character during the launch weekend: a custom R3 Golden Cybernetic plaque to decorate your house and commemorate the server’s launch, and an in-game shirt that will give your characters a small XP boost.

Star Wars Galaxies R3 Key Features:

• A player driven economy - certain rewards and mechanics have been removed, worked into the crafting tree, or made cosmetic only - to ensure players are the driving force in the market.
  • Fight in space and on land - Jump to Lightspeed is fully implemented, and players can experience group squadron action in PvE or PvP combat.
  • Explore a sprawling sandbox world - From complete character skill customization, player cities, guilds, crafting empires, colour schemes, pets - make your character truly unique.
  • Exciting force system - With a custom Jedi unlock method designed to remain mysterious, our lightsaber friends are again wondrous, rare, and valuable. However the path to becoming a Jedi is dangerous, and death penalties are severe.
  • Community server-wide progression - Individual actions will add up, with players being able to open up different parts of the game by performing certain prerequisites, giving a group sense of purpose to end game content.
  • A dedicated development team - The Restoration 3 team listens to player feedback through the Senate system, and has exciting new content planned to keep every player busy for years to come.

About The Restoration 3 Team

The team is a  bunch of Star Wars fans who enjoyed Galaxies in it’s Combat Upgrade form, and have just enough knowledge and passion to present this project to the world. Building off it’s prior iterations in Restoration 1 & 2 - R3 is the culmination of past efforts and represents our vision of a fun and rewarding game.

As a small team however, Restoration 3 is not launching bug free. We will depend on our active and growing community to report issues, and provide balancing insight.

The work will continue, and in addition to future planned custom content and systems, we're excited for what the future will bring with the next chapter of Star Wars Galaxies.

jessi1561, limushax and 9 other users have reacted to this post.
jessi1561limushaxDarscyndarthisillorRoninkyataiZuljinCieratanOdinsWaffeManOrMachinepookey

I seem to be having trouble logging :/

Quote from Cieratan on May 28, 2021, 11:14 pm

I seem to be having trouble logging :/

Most everyone is. Server seems capped at 150 players. So we'll have to wait a while it seems. 

Been trying for hours now, and still the same thing. it either just spins and does nothing, or i cancel then try to connect again, only to then get "log in server is unavailable"......Appreciate this is early days, but some kind of server status on the launchpad would be a nice addition if possible? That or some help to overcome this would be great. Thanks.

Even with the initial teething problems this is a great achievement for such a small team. Congratulations. You get my thanks for giving me hope to finally play a game that I love the way it should have been played

CNiper, GeoJeff77 and Darscyn have reacted to this post.
CNiperGeoJeff77Darscyn

Restoration III is a great undertaking and has a solid community. Props to the Halo and the team for taking an idea and somehow running with it to get to where we are. Clearly not an easy task by any stretch, so thank you! I cant wait to be immersed... its been a while.

/bow

GeoJeff77 has reacted to this post.
GeoJeff77

Yeah I can’t log in either. Clicking launch and nothing happens. Will wait a while for it to be sorted. I’m just grateful to the guys for giving us this chance to go back to SWG.

Couyon and YardDawg have reacted to this post.
CouyonYardDawg

It certainly didn't take off as of yet when no one can log in. I hope it gets fixed today a lot of people are hyped for this project.

GeoJeff77, L600MAT and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
GeoJeff77L600MATAkahaiakrenlumparland77Couyonnaarkh

Slight problem.... Nothing happens when I click Launch. Everything else seems to be working OK.

Hi I don't suppose there is some help for those of us who cannot get online? I have been trying all day and just can't get in at all? Been checking the server numbers and it shows some people have managed to get online, albeit it seems to drop to zero again on and off.....would just love to get on! 🙂

Couyon has reacted to this post.
Couyon
RSS Feed