Restoration III Forums

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumProfession Forums: BrawlerTKM Innate Armor suggestion
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

TKM Innate Armor suggestion

This is a long term suggestion to balance out TKM vs TK as an end game tank.  Currently anyone with end game armor can out tank a TKM which is supposed to be the main tank class.  Before anyone mentions COB that only requires 0100 and not TKM.  To balance this out I propose a crafted innate armor.  The goal of this is to 1. Give TKM end game comparable armor levels to non-TKM professions 2. make TKM part of the economy 3. Not give TKM freebies.  The currently 6k armor is a given "freebie" for being TKM.

The proposal is a new type of armor that when worn will have a multiplier that scales off that innate armor, i.e. instead of the base 100 multiplier it has a 120 multiplier for a total set of armor or maybe one piece of armor.  This armor would be crafted like all other armor, subject to quality, subject to item bonus such as feather and krayt and also subject to normal use decay unlike clothing.

Salguod and Niernen have reacted to this post.
SalguodNiernen

Or just allow the TKM bonus to stack with normal armour = problem solved and best tank again!

It could also be crafted by Tailors instead of armorsmiths. Tailors have a few niche things they can make for combat classes so this might be a unique addition to them as well. 

nekochan and Salguod have reacted to this post.
nekochanSalguod
Quote from nekochan on May 28, 2021, 5:23 am

This is a long term suggestion to balance out TKM vs TK as an end game tank.  Currently anyone with end game armor can out tank a TKM which is supposed to be the main tank class.  Before anyone mentions COB that only requires 0100 and not TKM.  To balance this out I propose a crafted innate armor.  The goal of this is to 1. Give TKM end game comparable armor levels to non-TKM professions 2. make TKM part of the economy 3. Not give TKM freebies.  The currently 6k armor is a given "freebie" for being TKM.

The proposal is a new type of armor that when worn will have a multiplier that scales off that innate armor, i.e. instead of the base 100 multiplier it has a 120 multiplier for a total set of armor or maybe one piece of armor.  This armor would be crafted like all other armor, subject to quality, subject to item bonus such as feather and krayt and also subject to normal use decay unlike clothing.

You know now that you've explained it properly - I like it!. Also as someone mentioned should be for Tailors to craft

I think giving TKM a set of clothes that have slots that can be crafted in them like Krayt Scales for extra health would seriously improve the chances people will commit to going TKM instead of 0100 or 0404.

Quote from Dagis on May 28, 2021, 6:53 am

Or just allow the TKM bonus to stack with normal armour = problem solved and best tank again!

that would wind up with OP TKM with over 10k armor so don't think that is going to happen lol.

Quote from deusk1 on May 28, 2021, 6:59 am

It could also be crafted by Tailors instead of armorsmiths. Tailors have a few niche things they can make for combat classes so this might be a unique addition to them as well. 

I can easily see it being a tailor type thing.

I Too, agree with this. Tailor made "armor" specific for a TK.

Jedi have their own robes.... 

Always read about this, "tkm supposed to be main tank class etc etc," 

Yet its always tkms claiming this or that, forget em we all know true tank would never be tkm, what would a 2 hand swordsman or pike then be?

RSS Feed