Restoration III Forums

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumProfession Forums: BrawlerMelee Balance Suggestions
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Melee Balance Suggestions

As of right now Melee has very few if at all any roles in the game currently outside of tanking a few high end bosses like NK (which with chain rooting could easily be done without Melee)  and Krayts, even juvies can be chain rooted so even then it is still possible without melee.

Currently the Meta is shifting hard towards all players favoring range, and why wouldn't they..  Time To Kill for certain ranged builds is just insanely fast and with the right setups with builds and gear 1 players can literally keep a melee chain rooted forever..

Halo has mentioned that the Live code has a 30 second immunity for players after they are rooted in combat, ok that will help melee some..  but will it be enough?  Not even close!!

Ranged have a slew of abilities outside of roots to keep melee from even getting close to them, slows and mez (concussion shot etc)

Lets go over what tools Melee have to try and close gaps on people why also dealing with horrible desync issues that even existed on live in R3..  X4XX Fencer has 1 snare ability that forces you to be within melee range to land a hit and engage the snare..  They also have burst run, which lasts a very decent amount of time but is on a insanely long cooldown..  What good is it anyhow when you go to use it then are instantly rooted for 20 seconds anyhow??  Then rooted again directly after getting to move again..

Even with 400 total accuracy the miss rates are just staggering, severely gimping potential DPS for melee..  So even if you live through the volleys of roots, snares and mez's...  Swarms of AOE ranged DPS to finally try and strike a enemy, you are constantly missing!!  

Even with the 30 second immunity, the melee will literally spend most of that 30 seconds just trying to gain back the distance that was lost from the previous root and it will just rinse and repeat for the ranged..

As the scale of the battle increases the effectiveness of the melee decreases that much more..

There are literally builds that can 2 shot people from 65m out and root, snare and mez you even if you somehow out heal that DPS

What can be done to help bring some balance back to Melee, cause its not going to take long in the games current state to make them all but useless..  Please use this Topic to post your suggestions on what can be done to help melee get back on par with ranged.  As TKA senator I feel the need to step up and do something about this.

My Suggestions:

• Make Burst Run last for 30 seconds and have a 2 minute CD once BR is finished (everyone will have same timer)
  • Give all players a global CC breaker on a 2 min CD (this will help add to the skill ceiling in PvP)
  • Give melee more tools to fight with on the battle field (roots etc)
  • CoB should have defenses reduced to 400-450 from 500 and be made to instant cast like Force Aura (CoB is also a buggy mess if you try and run it on a macro.. it constantly fails or opens your bag or takes over your typing if you are trying to message in game when it goes to cast)
  • Not relying on super high CD high end loot items to fix this stupid imbalance that exists currently
  • Increase hit rates for Melee (its just laughable how bad they are)
  • A actual Gap closer (like SWTOR) a small boost of speed for a very short time..  Like a 15m dash that is on a 60 second CD that is specific to Melee

Even with these suggestions I don't think that would be enough to close the gap fully, but it would at least make Melee viable in PvP..  I realize as time moves on within server progression loot items will start entering the scene, these items wont be enough to close this gap between the Meta and Melee..  Insanely high burst DPS Rifle builds, to insane group AOE volleys from Carbines and never ending CC from Pistols all with a SL Buff Cherry on top of this druk sundae that melee are forced to scoop from and eat on a daily basis..  

wanbiobi, atesz108 and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
wanbiobiatesz108nekochanskinzTimex1stubbzmesa

The primary gap I've seen comes in, melee doesn't do enough damage compared to ranged, can't keep agro, client/server sync means a person running is likely not to be hit, cob often doesn't activate while in combat because of the timer, melee can't catch up between snares, and even the tank role is mostly a joke.

Mischief has reacted to this post.
Mischief

Mischief,

Nice summary of problems and I like some of the suggested solutions.

The thing that's bee the most painful to me has been not having a counter snare/gap closer, I just added x4xx fencer to my temp to see if I can hold up better in ranged 1v1.

It's hard to say what other consequences your other solutions might add, but in general I like a lot of them. I don't think you'd need to add them put melee on a somewhat equal footing.

Regarding accuracy, it did seem like swordsman had the most accuracy, and made me consider it more strongly than other classes- crunching the numbers made me shy away from fencer.

Anyway I like all of your solutions, specifically...

• Burst run cooldown change
  • CoB reduced impact with no cast timer
  • CC breaking ability or maybe a food that reduces the time of CC/roots?

I'm a big fan of diminishing returns on CC too. I feel like if you can live through one or two, maybe have the subsequent ones last a little less longer.

Mischief

It was even discussed upon in Senator chat how if we even implemented all of the suggestions I made, that it would not be enough to close the gap between melee and ranged, pun intended..

People that enjoy using melee in PvP need to come together and help make changes to this huge imbalance between ranged and melee..

Also I realize that staff have a huge list of bug fixes and content in the works, but we as a community should be proactive in showing the devs that changes need to be made in the future or you are literally just making 4 professions useless in PvP..

jondekovgar has reacted to this post.
jondekovgar

Mischief,

Some good points well made.

You've seen me raise my concerns in Senator chat so you know i'm an advocate for some change. However, what i disagree on (and might be an unpopular opinion) is that if all changes were implemented melee would still be way off the mark compared to ranged. I honestly dont think this is the case. If Melee wasnt: a) perma rooted/snared; b) not reliant on having to stand still for cob; and/or c) had some gap closer, melee would be fine.

I like saome of your suggestions, namely:

• The cob chang. Its honestly dumb as it is right now, even for pve its very buggy. 
  • Gap closer. Could be a short burst which removes snares/roots and provides immunity for a short period. The gap closer could be given at a master box for all melee professions.
    • Or BR change which breaks roots/snares and provides immunity whilst active. Keep it super long CD. Then it becomes a baiting gamee of who hits BR first. I think this type of change + gap closer would be too much.
  • DR on all snares/roots in the game. Including melee ones. This just makes sense...

With these changees melee would be in a good spot. Anything futher and ranged would all of its advantages and you'll melee everywheere i think.

My 2$

Mischief

Aaaand we're back in time to the days where balancing was all people talked about because the game was so damn unfair. I didn't even finish downloading the game. This is not a promising start.

Quote from guns on June 8, 2021, 10:20 am

Mischief,

Some good points well made.

You've seen me raise my concerns in Senator chat so you know i'm an advocate for some change. However, what i disagree on (and might be an unpopular opinion) is that if all changes were implemented melee would still be way off the mark compared to ranged. I honestly dont think this is the case. If Melee wasnt: a) perma rooted/snared; b) not reliant on having to stand still for cob; and/or c) had some gap closer, melee would be fine.

I like saome of your suggestions, namely:

• The cob chang. Its honestly dumb as it is right now, even for pve its very buggy. 
  • Gap closer. Could be a short burst which removes snares/roots and provides immunity for a short period. The gap closer could be given at a master box for all melee professions.
    • Or BR change which breaks roots/snares and provides immunity whilst active. Keep it super long CD. Then it becomes a baiting gamee of who hits BR first. I think this type of change + gap closer would be too much.
  • DR on all snares/roots in the game. Including melee ones. This just makes sense...

With these changees melee would be in a good spot. Anything futher and ranged would all of its advantages and you'll melee everywheere i think.

My 2$

Just curious whats your name on discord so I can put 2 and 2 together

Center of Being needs to be instant cast. It is so buggy, half the time it does not go off.

CrimsonMerc has reacted to this post.
CrimsonMerc

IGN:

Razot Fello

Ace Fello

Just curious whats your name on discord so I can put 2 and 2 together

Tribosh / guns 🙂 

Quote from Timex1 on June 9, 2021, 8:23 am

Center of Being needs to be instant cast. It is so buggy, half the time it does not go off.

I totally agree- it is super buggy and about half the time it doesn't even work. It not only needs to be an instant cast, but it needs to actually work. Also, that sound that you hear when you use it is super annoying. 

RSS Feed