Restoration III Forums

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumProfession Forums: PilotMaster Pilot Bonus
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Master Pilot Bonus

Moving this discussion from Discord. According to Esva, our intrepid Pilot senator, the master pilot xp bonus is not in Restoration 3. If you're unfamiliar, this is the feature that increases your space xp gain with each faction (not squadron) you master, up to 3, for a total of a x4 bonus after mastering freelance, alliance and imperial.

The explanation given for why it was removed, was because it wasn't in the CU. However, I'd like to prove that it existed in all iterations of JTL, from the beginning 🙂

Pilot Forum (12/11/04) Pre-CU

Title of a thread halfway down the page: " [QUESTION] 2nd pilot profession = 2x exp, 3rd pilot profession = 3x exp?" ... Unfortunately, the link is not archived, but it's evidence of its existence 1.5 months into JTL.

Pilot FAQ v2.0 (2/08/05) Pre-CU

Pilot FAQ v2.0 (8/29/05) CU

"After you master a Pilot prof and resign, if you start another Pilot branch you get a [Master Pilot Bonus] to experience. You get an 1x per Faction's pilot mastery (so when you finish your first you'll get 1x, which is double, when you master pilot from a different faction that will bump up to 2x, so triple, and when you master pilot from the final faction you will bump up to 3x, so quadruple), this makes it easier to master further branches."

Pilot Forum Pre-NGE Archive (captured 5/27/06, but has posts from right before the NGE hit)

About halfway down the page, there is a post from MasterScoundrel entitled, "Master exp bonus post NGE?". Again, unfortunately it is not archived, but it's evidence that up until the end of the CU, the master pilot bonus was in effect.

I'm petitioning for the space xp bonus to be added back in. Its removal is a big hit to the hardcore pilots who go for all 9 squadron aces.

Hslayer, Esva and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
HslayerEsvakenoiMaxineDagenaisSirSchnidlyzuly9464P3dr05riwao

I tend to agree and support this, I feel that the difficult part of space especially with the known grinding spots isn't the XP but usually the missions.

The xp largely is just merely a time sink good for loot but not a lot of fun and players know the various easy grind spots to hit, so just becomes a time factor the bonus does ease this for those going for the ace of aces feat.

To my knowledge the faction mastery multiplier has always existed, and is something that definately should be reactivated, especially with the base rate being 1x on this server.

I know its annecdotal at best but I did my 9 ace run during CU and would never have even attempted anything that crazy without an XP bonus given there was no reason to do such a thing other than "because I could" in those days.

Wait it was really disabled? Well that is wrong. Pilot Mastery was always a thing.

See here

And here

Quote from MBK on May 28, 2021, 10:52 am

would never have even attempted anything that crazy without an XP bonus given there was no reason to do such a thing other than "because I could" in those days.

This. There was a great post I was reading the other day (can't find it anymore) from early JTL before the bonus was really understood where Halyn was talking about how he was racking up aces over the course of a few days, going for all 9. Everyone in the thread was like, "Do you even sleep?!?!"

But I don't think so many folks would attempt it if they had to grind out 4 million tier 4 xp.

Quote from tkopasd89 on May 28, 2021, 10:28 am

Esva, our intrepid Pilot senator,

Did I get promoted ?! Lol, and yeah, seems somethings going on, I was told by a couple of people that the Ace bonus wasn't in cause it "Wasn't a CU thing" , so I didn't argue the point cause let's face it, been years since CU and I'm old 😛 wasn't until we discussed it further I rememberd it being a thing then after some hunting in the archives it most definitely was, as said by OP.

So I think we need to know if it is indeed in and active and if not, really needs to be.

Quote from Esva on May 28, 2021, 11:58 am
Quote from tkopasd89 on May 28, 2021, 10:28 am

Esva, our intrepid Pilot senator,

Did I get promoted ?! Lol, and yeah, seems somethings going on, I was told by a couple of people that the Ace bonus wasn't in cause it "Wasn't a CU thing" , so I didn't argue the point cause let's face it, been years since CU and I'm old 😛 wasn't until we discussed it further I rememberd it being a thing then after some hunting in the archives it most definitely was, as said by OP.

So I think we need to know if it is indeed in and active and if not, really needs to be.

Whoops, I'm sorry. I thought you were the senator? My bad. Apologies @Matt Light Lime! It's too late to edit the post now.

Esva has reacted to this post.
Esva

Rofl it's all good, who knows though...maybe one day

Quote from Esva on May 28, 2021, 12:16 pm

Rofl it's all good, who knows though...maybe one day

You have my accidental pre-emptive vote 😛

Esva has reacted to this post.
Esva

I would tend to agree that this should be re-added. From a QoL perspective, let's reduce the grind to allow more players access.

FOR THE EMPIRE! GLORY TO THE SCOREKEEPER!
RSS Feed