Restoration III Forums

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumProfession Forums: BeastmasterI had to give up my dream to be a …
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I had to give up my dream to be a beastmaster

Pets currently require far, far too much experience to level. I must have gained nearly 100million weapons experience and my pet was only level 23. No other profession except maybe like Jedi has such an insane grind. I had to give up the profession because it's untenable to need to wait months for a viable template...

Please reduce the xp required significantly. No other non jedi class comes even close to this grind. I was super looking forward to playing creature handler and this completely ruined the class for me.

Naebliss, devilzfan and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
NaeblissdevilzfanneuhnKabas

Did you notice your pets getting more EXP for targets they kill on their own?

How can they kill targets on their own when they do 4 damage?

neuhn has reacted to this post.
neuhn

I fully agree, something should be done with the exp rate !

It is a massive investment of time !

Creature Handler relies on the damage from the pet, but with this grind of months only to the level of the pet, no fun !

Please modify !

agreed, it is an insane grind. you can make it faster by killing the lowest lvl mobs that are still green in a populated area with the pet on dietary supplements, but even so, I can't even imagine how slow this will be close to max lvl... it is already mind numbing around lvl 20, plus if you kill low lvl mobs you barely get CH xp which makes the whole thing even worse. no wonder everyone leveled their pets in NGE with afk grinding. plus I don't notice any xp increase if the pet attacks alone

Quote from bhalazs on June 12, 2021, 4:36 am

agreed, it is an insane grind. you can make it faster by killing the lowest lvl mobs that are still green in a populated area with the pet on dietary supplements, but even so, I can't even imagine how slow this will be close to max lvl... it is already mind numbing around lvl 20, plus if you kill low lvl mobs you barely get CH xp which makes the whole thing even worse. no wonder everyone leveled their pets in NGE with afk grinding. plus I don't notice any xp increase if the pet attacks alone

So I only just learned about the Supplements, and haven't yet tested them. Can you tell me how much of a difference they make? And also, if I store my pet, does the supplement expire? Thanks!

They add up to 500xp per kill, and the suppliment buff does go if you store your pet.

I believe they are looking at the amount of time it takes to level pets. so watch this space...

Quote from LordKorto on June 15, 2021, 7:24 am

They add up to 500xp per kill, and the suppliment buff does go if you store your pet.

I believe they are looking at the amount of time it takes to level pets. so watch this space...

I finally did some testing last evening. My level 10ish pet gets 2-3 percent of a level when it solo kills a mob without my help. With a party killing lvl 80ish targets, my pet was getting 2-3 percent. And then with the supplement, it seemed to double, I was seeing 4-5 percent level increases, sometimes 6%. This was only if my pet actually got stuck into combat with the target. If the pet doesn't hit the target, or isn't actively fighting the target, EXP is significantly reduced. 

What confuses me about leveling pets is that their ESP gain is so consistent. I can kill mobs my level with the pets help, and it gets the same EXP as if it kills a pet its level without my help, or if it helps in a group killing mobs that are 4x higher level than the previous examples. So currently the goal seems to be, find the situation where you can kill mobs the fastest, while also putting the pet into combat with the mobs as they die. 

My hypothesis is that a pet with an AoE attack, taking part in a spin group, will level up every nest. Ignoring the cost of giving the pet new supplements each time you summon it...

If this EXP is consistently 5% per mob killed, each hive has about 20 mobs from my observation. That pet would out-level its Handler in no time. 

But I haven't yet been able to learn an AoE attack for my pet. So I can't test it out. I say this because, if it is the case, it creates a huge disparity between pets who can learn an AoE, and pets who can't. 

Yeah, I'm about to drop Master CH, because the XP for leveling pets is just insane. 

RSS Feed