Restoration III Forums

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumMain: Graphical ModdingGShade & Improving your SWG graph …
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

GShade & Improving your SWG graphics

Thank you for this, Hslayer. really enjoying the tool. Will definitely give a go at your .ini files as a starting, there are so many options, it's a proper rabbit hole 😀

For those with the install issues, here's what helped me:

• I was using a SWG R3 install dir of "c:\SWG Restoration III" and it kept failing, as it was creating another folder named "c:\SWG Restoration_" so I changed my install folder to "c:\SWG_Restoration" and it went through ok.
  • After each failed install attempt, on the subsequent one I was getting a different result unless I deleted the file it creates "C:\Users\Public\GShade Backups", so there's definitely some intaller logic looking at that; I'd delete it too prior to a clean install.

Good luck... and may the force be with you 😉

Auj'ey Issfey, Kettemoor

I noticed if you are looking for a "fake" texture effect, the Emboss_Tech [Emboss.fx] when adjusted can produce a nice textured effect . Adds some neat detailing to everything.

Settings

Screenshot

Quote from jadhuggaming on June 15, 2021, 4:23 am

I noticed if you are looking for a "fake" texture effect, the Emboss_Tech [Emboss.fx] when adjusted can produce a nice textured effect . Adds some neat detailing to everything.

Settings

Screenshot

Yeah I used to play with this one myself its quite good especially if you adjust the rotation so the embossing is from the ground up (basically black part on the underside) cause light sources nearly always come from the top so gives it a good bump mapping depth look.

id also suggest looking at the various mode1 mode2 and mode3 shaders if you are looking for a good sharpen.

Turning FXAA on for me just made all the text blurry and hard to read.  Rest of the settings look good though.  Thanks!

Quote from HolyAvengerOne on June 13, 2021, 6:53 pm

Thank you for this, Hslayer. really enjoying the tool. Will definitely give a go at your .ini files as a starting, there are so many options, it's a proper rabbit hole 😀

For those with the install issues, here's what helped me:

• I was using a SWG R3 install dir of "c:\SWG Restoration III" and it kept failing, as it was creating another folder named "c:\SWG Restoration_" so I changed my install folder to "c:\SWG_Restoration" and it went through ok.
  • After each failed install attempt, on the subsequent one I was getting a different result unless I deleted the file it creates "C:\Users\Public\GShade Backups", so there's definitely some intaller logic looking at that; I'd delete it too prior to a clean install.

Good luck... and may the force be with you 😉

We just disabled the checkbox next to "Backup Settings And Presets"

RSS Feed