Nervousemu

• +13/-0
  • Leader of GLF, your impending doom.
    • View Profile
Commando and Combat Medic balance testing.
« on: August 30, 2016, 11:59:15 PM »
Good evening folks,

or good morning depending on when your reading this, it doesn't matter.

We are in the final round of testing for the Combat Medic and Commando professions. Once these tests are completed and the classes are balanced the next patch should be ready to be pushed out.

Now if you are reading this and wondering "Gee golly, I would love to help test out. How can I get involved?"

Well the answer is very simple. First thing you should do is make a copy of your SWGEmu folder. Name the copy SWGEmu - TC or something along those lines. Make sure you know which one is the test server and which one is the live server.

Next you will need to take the "update_1.tre" (which you can download here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4lCR896jDKhMk9wQUVubm0tZWs) and  "swgemu_login.cfg" file that is attached and put them into the root of the freshly copied SWGEmu folder. Run the launcher in the folder and it should bring you to the test server. If that works then create a shortcut of that icon on your desktop and rename it so you know it's the test server. If you have any issues feel free to reply and we can figure it out... together.

It is very highly recommended that you join up on Discord.
http://restoration-gaming.com/swgrestoration/index.php?topic=32.0#forum
This post should help you get that set up.

Discord is a pretty nifty program most of us use to keep in contact. You can download it on your phone or PC and use the chat functionality. There is voice too, but folks hardly use it. This will allow you to keep in touch and help coordinate the test event as well as make it easier to help with any potential issues.

Darth Fection

• +1/-0
  • Founder of Squillville, Leader of <NOVA>
    • View Profile
Re: Commando and Combat Medic balance testing.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 12:12:43 AM »
sweet. is the test server blue frog enabled?

Come on down to Squillville Tatooine 222, -222.

Nervousemu

• +13/-0
  • Leader of GLF, your impending doom.
    • View Profile
Re: Commando and Combat Medic balance testing.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 08:55:58 AM »
Admin needs to hop on and drop a frog. Unfortunately it tends to disseaper when Halo resets the server. We also have a house south of coronet that you can craft in as well. I'm thinking of possibly setting up my own dedicated TC to get around these issues but for the time being this is what we gotta work with for the time being.