Halo

• +34/-0
    • View Profile
Force Disciplines
« on: September 18, 2016, 03:51:08 PM »
Greetings, This is an early draft of the Discipline preview.

Disciplines are unlocked after completing the Jedi Knight trials.

They feature unique skill trees you only have limited number of points to spend on.

The example below is a Twin 4 point tree, You will have 4 points to spend total. You may train this how ever you like, Example train Offensive I - IV or train Offensive II and Defensive II.

You can reset this tree and select a different specialization if you like.

Each tree has unique enhancing skill mods and some new abilities. The goal is to give the player a role to play and focus on, Some may Focus on Force Powers and others the Defense tree.

As some of you have heard, the Force Cost of nearly everything is going up. As soon as you select a Discipline the Force Cost of the related abilities will go down. If you select Lightsaber Discipline, your saber attacks will cost considerably less. This will be most desirable if you plan to wield the new 5th generation Lightsabers that will be very costly, yet very powerful.

The Powers Discipline is planned to have Force Cloak at the top of one tree.

As I develop the Disciplines, this thread will be updated with more information.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 10:07:04 PM by Halo »

sageblood

• +0/-0
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • UHHH
Re: Force Disciplines
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 05:06:02 PM »
First
░░░░░░░░░░░█▀▀░░█░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀░░░░░█▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░
░░░░░░▐▐░░░░░░░░░▄░▐░░░
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░▐░░░
░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░▐░▄▄▀░░░░
░░▄▀░░░▐░░░░░█▄▀░▐░░░░░
░░█░░░▐░░░░░░░░▄░█░░░░░
░░░█▄░░▀▄░░░░▄▀▐░█░░░░░
░░░█▐▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░▐░█░░░░░
░░▐█▐▄░░▀░░░░░░▐░█▄▄░░░
░░▀▀░▄ -TFO- ▄▐▄▄▄▄▀░
░░░░░

Halo

• +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 04:54:03 PM »
Ok all the Discipline trees are created and in the early Alpha stage. I have many ideas but am looking for the communities input before continuing.

Lets start with the Force Power Discipline tree.

The Force Power Discipline tree is unique, currently 3 tables instead of 2 like the above Lightsaber tree.

the 3 branches could be described as:
4xx: Powers Master, This tree should be the most brutal and raw Force Power damage in the game.
x4x: This tree is a support, debuffing tree. It should offer enhancements to Force Weaken, More Force Choke Ticks, other misc.
xx4: This tree I don't have a public name for. It would offer Force Cloak, Forcerun3, other misc annoying yet survival based abilities.

Each tree is obviously 4 boxes and each box should feel progressive and useful, I would like to hear from the community how you would graft each skill box per respective tree. At the moment the sky is the limit, Any ability can be added, any modification, skill mod, enhancement to pre existing features is an option.

We will most certainly start with only 1 tree available to the player, Around the time of Kashyyyk we should see a second tree unlocked.

Saboteur

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 05:24:24 PM »
How will points be earned for these trees? Will it be one point per frs? I would be interested in seeing a speed increase for force powers. Right now the dmg is close to a good lightsaber but the force cost and speed is a killer.  I'll look throught the CU/nge for cool skills that could be added.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 05:36:44 PM by Saboteur »

Halo

• +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 07:07:37 PM »
We can go far beyond CU/NGE additions. I can create something from scratch if someone gives me a basic design idea.

You will need to be Knight to unlock a tree, after you unlock a tree they will be grind based to full.

Kyle

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 07:47:50 PM »
Still have the stuff we came up with a few years back?

misterpickle

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 07:51:52 PM »
How about a survival tree that focuses on removing harmful debuffs. Kind of like a cloak of Shadows if your familiar with world of warcraft at all. I'm not super familiar with the various debuffs  of this game. But maybe as you progress further up the tree it could include more things it works against and maybe lessen it's cool down time. I would think something like that could add a layer to the strategy element.

Halo

• +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 08:05:51 PM »
Still have the stuff we came up with a few years back?

Probably but I dont know where it is.

Halo

• +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 08:07:00 PM »
How about a survival tree that focuses on removing harmful debuffs. Kind of like a cloak of Shadows if your familiar with world of warcraft at all. I'm not super familiar with the various debuffs  of this game. But maybe as you progress further up the tree it could include more things it works against and maybe lessen it's cool down time. I would think something like that could add a layer to the strategy element.

All for strategy, I like the cloak of shadows idea. However it would probably fall under the Defender tree.

Saboteur

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2016, 08:10:52 PM »
I was just going to look at those versions of the game because it would be easiest to implement probably and im not very creative with my ideas. Jedi kind of have a cloak of shadows with its heal states and full heal self. Would be cool to see a type of CoB skill for the defensive branch. My suggestion for offensive power skills is harder hitting skills, faster abilities, and maybe being able to move and cast when you max out that tree.

Halo

• +34/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 08:15:56 PM »
I was just going to look at those versions of the game because it would be easiest to implement probably and im not very creative with my ideas. Jedi kind of have a cloak of shadows with its heal states and full heal self. Would be cool to see a type of CoB skill for the defensive branch. My suggestion for offensive power skills is harder hitting skills, faster abilities, and maybe being able to move and cast when you max out that tree.

They have Force Focus witch is based on CoB, one of my original new abilities.

For Force Powers, I want them to remain stationary, perhaps extended range would be a good option, currently force powers are 32m If I recall, Maybe a 42m Lightning would be useful. Also Enhancing Force Throw for your Mobile DPS is possible.

misterpickle

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 11:53:30 PM »
How about some version of light saber forms. with each spec having its own specific kind. for LS wielding melee tree maybe something that buffed melee damage at the cost of lowered defense or slower force regen. Or the powers tree with its own form that buffs force power damage or force regen while lowering melee attack  and defense or something.  it could be fun to hunt Jedi with specific strengths and weaknesses.