iwifia

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
Please Upload to Galaxy Harvest!
« on: June 13, 2016, 01:07:41 PM »
Please Halo, please ask someone for the script or have someone on the team make one. Upload the resource list to Galaxy Harvest. Every other server does it, we are small and honestly having to go around to every planet just to see the resources then go back to find the vein is hell. I have no problem searching for the resource that is the strongest in a spot but it takes hours to get them all surveyed. All this will do is let us know what planet has the resource, we can go find it from that point.

If we had a few hundred people active all the time it would not be an issue but to look for everything then upload it is time consuming and burns people out. Please upload this, hell I will do it for you if it saves everyone on this server time!

http://galaxyharvester.net/ghHome.py?

SimpusMax

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Please Upload to Galaxy Harvest!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 01:10:28 PM »
Seconded

Myskan

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 01:12:11 PM »
I would really like this too.

When I had a ranger I'd do the creature resources but it ended up taking 5-6 hours to find them all and update GH.

iwifia

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 01:22:54 PM »
I would really like this too.

When I had a ranger I'd do the creature resources but it ended up taking 5-6 hours to find them all and update GH.
I understand that, I have the same issue on my ranger.

Saboteur

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 01:26:49 PM »
This is my number one feature i would request at this time. As a crafter on a small server its mind numbing trying to track resource shifts.

darthtrayav

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 10:15:29 PM »
I would love this.

citizen191

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 01:31:00 PM »
If this is possible it would be a huge benefit.

I've been trying to keep track of spawns and shifts, and it can take an hour a day to do it properly. That's unsustainable for me.

There is the point that the strongest should survive, and that I should be disadvantaged because I don't have that hour per day to spare. TBH I'm not opposed to that point of view. But I think it would be good to know the Admins position on that.

It looks like a lot of the tedium of SWG was removed or reduced on this server. But apart from increased BER on harvestors, I don't see that crafters have any other "quality of life" improvements. We have the small crate sizes, the small resource stacks, the same punitive harvestor placement restrictions and so on. I think there is room to improve some of those areas.

Niche

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 09:14:12 PM »

As someone who would use this also.

-Niche

shig

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 10:25:33 AM »
I absolutely agree too. It would be a great benefit to us all.

othello6

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 01:29:05 AM »
I am new to server and I would like to see this happen as well.  I rolled a Chef on Chilastra from Day 1 on live and would love to get back into it if I can.  I enjoyed the crafting side as much if not more than the combat.  Always felt good getting mails/tells from people thanking me for providing that service. 

boone

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 12:52:09 AM »
I really wish Halo would consider this. I would make crafting more enjoyable on the server. I use to craft DE on the server, but I haven't in a while because it's almost impossible to know what resources are out there.

There is a opensoure code for implementing auto-uploads on github. I'll link it below.

https://github.com/pwillworth/galaxyharvester