Millon

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Publishes??
« on: June 09, 2016, 05:56:59 AM »
I haven't been playing custom servers long enough to know how this works but what happens when a new publish is released on Basilisk? Does it get added in here, can we select the stuff the devs like and leave the rest, or does it just not happen at all?

Sorry if this is a dumb or noobie question

Esoda

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Publishes??
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 11:12:02 AM »
I haven't done any coding on EMU servers (yet...) but in my own experience with software development, I imagine it would require a decent amount of manual work.

Since there's changes already in place on this server that differ from Basilisk's code, taking the new publish and applying it to Resto would probably result in some merging conflicts that would have to be resolved on a case by case basis.

So I imagine it comes down to if the team wants to do a full merge to keep up with the motherships updates, wants to make their own updates/fixes and where that lands on their backlog as far as priority goes.

But maybe a dev will just comment on this and let us know, because I'm curious as well  ;)

Millon

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Publishes??
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 04:52:15 PM »
Alright thanks, it is basically the answer I was expecting, just I've never stuck around long enough to see how servers respond to these things