Millon

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
The Idea Lab
« on: May 19, 2016, 12:30:55 PM »
This is basically just to get a discussion going as that seems to be the topic around here at the moment, so thought I'd try and start something. If there's been this sort of conversation on Discord then sorry, I don't really follow it much.

Anyway what sort of ideas does anyone want to put out there for the server? Maybe help brainstorm something? (Obviously there's no guarantee that it'll happen, we're all subjects to our dev overlords and their wishes :P and I've got nothing to do with what happens there)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 12:53:04 PM by Millon »

Nervousemu

• +13/-0
  • Leader of GLF, your impending doom.
    • View Profile
Re: The Idea Lab
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 02:34:35 PM »
I guess i'll kick off with something I had in mind.

I recently went up the mechanic profession to check out cybernetics. those have not been utilized at all and I wanted to see how they worked. Basically they are used as an alternative to armor and you need an armor segment from an Armorsmith to put protection on them. They can have sockets that use AA's and can provide as much protection as any piece of armor. I really like the cybernetics idea but it's been a relative failure up to this point because it is much easier just to have an Armorsmith make the armor and be on your way.

Now any Jedi out there trying to tape themselves up have come across an abundance of lightsaber AA's, but they are pretty much useless to a Jedi because utilizing those will essentially get rid of all lightsaber protection for a Jedi on whatever part of their body the armor is on.

My suggestion would be to make the armor segment that is required during the crafting process optional. So if you choose not to put an armor segment in then it would offer no protection, but still allow AA's to be put in and it would allow Jedi to still have innate protection. This would create a big demand and a big market for cybernetics and would allow greater character customization, especially among Jedi, and would help solve the issue of the massive amounts of Jedi AA's that are currently of very little use.

Millon

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 03:04:44 PM »
I'd personally like to see more group related content, because it feels like we have a decent number of active players that just go out and do their own thing. A way to make it easy to group up and do this would really make this appeal to more people

Oh and great idea with the cybernetics, jedi with mech parts is awesome, mechanic needs something to make it more viable than just vehicles, once everyone's got one it sort of trails off a bit
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 03:18:13 PM by Millon »

Khaoz

• +3/-0
  • Khaoz - Leader of <TFO> - The First Order -
    • View Profile
    • Khaoz's Video Channel
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 03:56:45 PM »
I've done a little bit to get us out there with a couple of videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXJK2pNoujw

Discord: https://discord.gg/0brssC0lzcQ8NQrs 

Guild: TFO - The First Order - https://www.facebook.com/groups/tfoswg/

Khaoz's YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXAHcbvTYoOuY5pIX8cRnbw

Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars Online, Star Wars MMO

Millon

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 04:50:14 PM »
From quickly scanning through SWGEmu's server ideas section, a few I found included pazaak, a miner profession, making armour like gloves for trandoshans wearable but not appear on the character, guild flags, some different professions for jedi with different abilities.
I know none of this is balance focused but just getting some thoughts out there

Khaoz

• +3/-0
  • Khaoz - Leader of <TFO> - The First Order -
    • View Profile
    • Khaoz's Video Channel
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 05:35:12 PM »
I think first, we need to setup something like Trader's was before, or go back to that. Then we need to get all of the crafters on the server to place vendors in Traders... Yes, this is redundant, but before we put more time into making things work better or ideas, we need to get people to the server. If there is no one on the server, there is no point in making it better.
Discord: https://discord.gg/0brssC0lzcQ8NQrs 

Guild: TFO - The First Order - https://www.facebook.com/groups/tfoswg/

Khaoz's YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXAHcbvTYoOuY5pIX8cRnbw

Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars Online, Star Wars MMO

Millon

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 05:42:13 PM »
I'll definitely agree to that :)

Danted8d

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 06:57:58 PM »
I think it would be interesting to see the Katarn armor be craft-able with some extra customization once it's out, as I remember it being a faction based reward for a quest before.

There is also the obvious a lot of people would like to see, like new armor/weapons. Though one thing I think would be interesting later in development would be adding new planets/races.

A new faction/quest lines never hurt, and would definitely make the server stand out.

One feature I liked about NGE was city battles, which as far as I can tell they are not in the Emu. Those would also be something of interest maybe, as they might also add new events for players to PvP.

*edit #1
A feature to maybe add some kind of crime would also be interesting. It could open up options for extra factions, a new skill tree or two, and maybe a new way to get on the bounty boards.

This is all I can really think of right now. Some of the ideas may not be as possible depending on the scale of what it would take though.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 07:16:40 PM by Danted8d »

Darth Fection

• +1/-0
  • Founder of Squillville, Leader of <NOVA>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 12:26:39 AM »
More craftable speeders. Pod racers.

Rank 6 player cities with placeable starports.

Placeable spynet operatives in player cities.

and I wouldn't mind something similar to Bloodfin's atmospheric flight.

Come on down to Squillville Tatooine 222, -222.

Danted8d

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 11:31:10 PM »
Two new idea's, Technician and Banker roles.

Banker: So far it's bare boned, but I think it sounds good. The Banker could place special terminals, which once so much money is put in, players can take loans out of for a set amount of days, and maybe offer a wire transfer with less cost. They could also place a bank at master, which could let a player store a set amount items for so much money each day/week.

Technician: Something to do with tech, that's all I got :P.

@Fection Only one city a planet should be level 6, but there should also be something which allows other cities to take their place.

Sapere

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 04:21:10 PM »
I've had a thought for a bit about slicing.  While Master Smugglers have gotten some love with the DoT kits, the re-balance of slicing to 10-12% effectiveness/damage is a bit lackluster and it really does not set smugglers apart from one another.

First and foremost, I would like to propose the consideration of reintroducing the ability to slice for speed on weapons.  Similar to live, it could either be a random slice of speed or damage; or perhaps it could be a decision prompt for the smuggler. I know there has been some discussion on discord against this notion, but it doesn't have to be a substantial amount.  I think an alternative means to reducing weapon speed other than farming skill tapes would be refreshing to some players.

I would also like to propose the consideration of a way to increase the percentage roll of slicing beyond 10-12%.  Whether this is through the introduction of +slicing SEAs, or lootable/craftable AUKs/WUKs that add a preset +% amount to a slice on a one time basis, or some other means.

Another thought I mentioned on discord was lootable AUKs that can apply an additional socket to an armor item. This wouldn't be game breaking as unlike clothing, armor condition deteriorates with use over time until ultimately breaking.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 11:29:40 PM by Sapere »