Halo

• +35/-0
    • View Profile
Unlock Changes
« on: September 18, 2016, 02:56:47 PM »
Unlocking will now be a two phase system.

Phase 1: Unlocking Force Sensitive.

Unlocking Force Sensitive should be a cool Mysterious journey.

Phase 2: Unlocking Jedi From Force Sensitive.

Unlocking Jedi from the New Force Sensitive will be more complex.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 08:29:30 PM by Halo »

Halo

• +35/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Unlock Changes
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 08:29:49 PM »
Basic info added

fuz028

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 11:22:15 PM »
So I guess I found this server to late. Was hoping to play on a server with a fairly easy jedi unlock system. It was a major pull to this server, I have never played a jedi so this was a way for me to see what it was like. Took me forever to figure out your install instructions, but I got it. Logged on did the prerequisites flew/drove to the village drove all the way to a shrine, meditated "jedi unlock is disabled" . Bummer guess I'll wait and see what happens.
Now it's changed to a mystery unlock system similar to other server?
What happens to the folks who did the prerequisites for the old Way? Yah it's easy to do the profession grind and hope you get it some time, but was hoping to avoid doing it here. Since that's what I'm doing on another server kind of defeats the purpose of coming here.
Will give you this I like the proposition of new classes and factions to join.
I know I just created a tool on this server but it seems there is a very low population and not real pull to get folks here. The easy jedi unlock was my pull possibly others as well.
Will see what happens. I want to give you guys a chance, and see what else you can come up with for content.
Keep up the good work.

JamisonG

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 12:53:24 AM »
I'm in the exact same boat as fuz. The easy unlock, and harsh jedi death was my draw to the server (second to the armor revamp and class balancing), struggled to get the download to work for over 2 weeks, started on the server this weekend, went to shrine, disabled. I am enjoying the server though and will be sticking around. Excited to see what the new unlock system is.

Sypher151

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 06:40:31 PM »
**Ive been thinking about this allot more and edited the post**
My main draw to this server was the attempt at combat balance, and Jedi needing to be scarce, in this timeline.

I think changing it too much makes it too much like the other servers out there.

I like the idea of a questchain to unlock the initial force sensitive abilitity or slot. Even if the initial quest/unlock is difficult you can still have semipermadeath. Ex: I see the perfect system as a quest to become sensitive. Then after that your character that did the quest can spec into some force trees to augment their other classes. This makes allot of sense in this timeline. Force sensitives dont have the guidance of training, they should be a bunch of pre Kanan Ezras for example. Meanwhile you could either have a jedi slot on top of that for a full specced Jedi alt, or just have the main be able to forget their old life and become a jedi.   X deaths lead to spec reset for any pure jedi, regardless if you (the admins) want to make it an extra slot, or just a main character conversion.

Personally id prefer the force augmented main, and a full spec be a separate slot that resets after deaths. But the point is the main unlock quest unlocks the slot permanently, and it can still be a difficult, involved unlock.

Looking forward to a long time on this server. Im hoping to help it grow, and fill up the bazzaar

-Cheers all
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:22:47 PM by Sypher151 »