Guido - Tailor/Architect
Harambe - Bio-Engineer/Creature Handler
Dr'Botulism - Image Designer

Devinous

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: *** HOW TO SETUP SWGEMU RESTORATION, DISCORD, & MULTIPLE INSTANCES
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 02:34:26 AM »
IS there a way of installing it without messing up access to SWGEMU Bas servers or the other servers? this was seems like I would only be able to hit restoration only?

Tealc of Chulak

• Padawan Developer
  • +3/-0
  • Discord #0775
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 02:41:56 AM »
IS there a way of installing it without messing up access to SWGEMU Bas servers or the other servers? this was seems like I would only be able to hit restoration only?

copy the folder where Bask is installed before patching. then you'll be able to use the old install for bask, or other non-custom content servers, and the new folder for Resto.
JarJar Binks - Bounty Hunter
Fection - Sith
Guido - Tailor/Architect

Devinous

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 08:14:13 PM »
Gotcha - got a folder on the desktop with everything in it,  however one issue.   When I try and install swgemu into the desktop folder it only gives me the option of modify, repair or remove  - when I try modify there are no choices... is there a way to get around this?

Tealc of Chulak

• Padawan Developer
  • +3/-0
  • Discord #0775
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 08:24:39 PM »
It's saying that because the registry says swgemu is already installed. It sounds like you're trying to make things much more complicated than they need to be. Just copy where bask is installed, drop the Resto files in the copied folder, and run the Resto updater.
Fection - Sith
Guido - Tailor/Architect

Devinous

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2017, 09:10:26 PM »
Ok put all the folder into the swg resto folder I put on desktop then run updater - click through the error and it asks me if I want to allow it to make changes to pc I say yes and thats the last thing that happens.  Sucks I would have loved to play the old version pre pub 10 especially getting to run the old jedi system. 

I appreciate the help man but I am not doing something right and might lack the skill to understand what that is.  Hey at least I am honest!

Tealc of Chulak

• Padawan Developer
  • +3/-0
  • Discord #0775
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2017, 09:14:25 PM »
Hope on discord and I'll be able to help you troubleshoot the Install.
Fection - Sith
Guido - Tailor/Architect

Devinous

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2017, 09:16:35 PM »
I did get an error stating couldnt find swg and I fixed that,  run swgemu and I still see bas and tc.   The one step that I cant seem to work out is pointing swg to f:\swg\swg but isnt that the part of copying the swg folder into the resto folder?

zofoblues

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2017, 11:13:18 PM »
*** GAME SET UP INSTRUCTIONS:

(1) Download the disks into a fold that you make and put on your desktop.  If you do not have the disks, then there is a link to them on this web site on the right side of the page under "SWG CDs Download".  *** DO NOT STARTUP ANYTHING IN FOLDER AFTER DOWNLOAD!***

https://www.reddit.com/r/swgemu/comments/3xln37/swgemu_restoration_multiple_instances/

(2)  Go to swgemu.com. Download the EMU launcher and place the installation for it into the folder you installed SWG to.
http://www.swgemu.com (from this page: http://www.swgemu.com/forums/content.php?r=179-Install-SWGEmu)

http://launchpad2.net/setup.exe

(((Run Launchpad point it to F:/SWG/SWG and update, then DO NOT START OR EVER USE THE LAUNCHPAD AGAIN!!))

(3) Download the SWG Restoration files from the attached link and put them into the same folder that you created on your desktop:

http://restoration-gaming.com/swg/forums/downloads/index.html#forum
edt: The file downloaded is a .rar file. a rar file is an archive format similar to .zip. you need to use a program like 7zip or winrar to extract the files into the folder. simply copying the rar isnt enough.

(4) Run "Update SWGRestoration.exe" file that is inside the folder so that you can get into the server.  Make a shortcut to this updater so you can run it a couple times a week manually and primarily after you know a patch just happened.

(5) Run "SWGEmu" ONLY to start the game which is located inside the folder.  Make a shortcut on your desktop to start the game.

(6) Discord = Get on the Discord app if you have Windows 10.  That way you can use the push to talk button while in game.  OR.... put on your phone.  OR use this link from the website.

Note: A lot of people shy away from discord because they don't like voice chat. Discord is not only voice chat. most people simply use the text chatrooms.

http://restoration-gaming.com/swg/forums/discord/index.html

(7) Enable the ability to run multiple instances of the game = log in and play 2 or more toons at one time.  Such as... one toon is harvesting resources, one is on healing a third that is fighting a Krayt dragon. Put the two attached files into the SWG folder where one of the files should replace an existing file, and the other will be new.  You now should be able to start multiple instances of the game.

Note: The swgemu config file you download must be edited to enable multiple instances. on opening it you will see:
.include "swgemu_login.cfg"
.include "swgemu_live.cfg"
.include "swgemu_preload.cfg"
.include "options.cfg"
#.include "user.cfg"

you must delete the pound sign (#) and save/overwrite the file for multiple instances to work

>>> If you need help please go into Discord and message Halo or others for assistance!

lotsadots

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2017, 02:23:05 PM »
Today I updated the directions and added a new video showing how to install the game!